Before taking on an assignment you will look over the content and only use the references and resources provided in the attachments. NO OUTSIDE SOURCES ALLOWED!!
THE FINANCING OF HEALTH CARE IN THE UNITED STATES
What’s the importance of health insurance? No one plans to get sick or hurt, but most people need to access health care services at some point in their lives. Health insurance status in the United States is varied and inconsistent – and it is changing over time. Critics argue both in favor of or against universal coverage, citing both benefits and drawbacks of coverages and their associated costs.
Assessing the impact of health insurance coverage on a person’s health is complex; health effects may take a long time to be realized, can vary based on insurance benefits/lack thereof, and are often clouded by confounding variables. Let’s begin our Case by examining the purposes of health insurance, the current health insurance status of the U.S. population, and what current research tells us regarding the use vs. outcomes of health insurance coverage.
Using the information in the required readings, as well as some additional research in peer-reviewed sources, complete your Case assignment by addressing the following:
- Articulate the specific purposes of health insurance.
- Provide a summary of the current health insurance status of the U.S. population. Who is covered, and by what type of insurance? What portion of the population is uninsured and underinsured? What are the trends in coverages over time?
- Explain how health insurance coverage affects health care utilization, disease treatment and outcomes, self-reported health, and mortality.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your analysis.
- Provide a response of 3-5 pages, not including title page and references.
- There are multiple required items to be addressed herein; please use subheadings to show where you are responding to each required item and to ensure that none are omitted.
- Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals:
Angelo State University Library. (n.d.).Library Guides: How to recognize peer-reviewed (refereed) journals. Retrieved from https://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment:
Purdue Online Writing Lab. (n.d.). General APA guidelines. Retrieved from https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
- For additional information on reliability of sources, review the following sources:
Georgetown University Library. (n.d.). Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content