Homework Assignment from the Required Reading
Ch. 5: Complete #2, 4, & 8. Pgs. 90-91 (End of the Chapter)
You must show your work to receive full credit.
2. You scored at the mean on your first statistics test. What is your z-score?
4. Harry’s score was 66 on an exam that had a mean of 57 and a standard deviation of 6. Find and interpret Harry’s z-score.
8. A distribution of scores has a μ=75 and a σ=8. What is the z-score for the following Xvalues?
Ch. 6: Complete #2, 8, & 14. Pg. 106 (End of the Chapter)
2. Locate the probabilities associated with the following:
a. p(z > +1.25)
b. p(z > −2.10)
c. p(z < −1.87)
d. p(z < +2.68)
8. Given a normal distribution with a μ=112 and σ=10, what percentage of the popula-tion can be expected to score
a.lower than 100?
b.higher than 90?
14. Given a normal distribution with a μ=96 and σ=12, what raw score separates the lower 56% of the distribution from the upper 44%?