This assignment builds upon your work in Units 1 and 2.
Review of Qualitative Data Analysis Techniques:
Chapter 13 provides an overview of various qualitative analysis techniques available to managers that have collected qualitative data (e.g., verbal, textual, or visual) to answer a business question or resolve a business problem.
The Marketing Vice President (VP) is now ready to analyze the qualitative data collected to understand which features consumers prefer for their smartphones.
The Marketing VP needs to determine the customers’ preferred features. About 1 month ago, the company requested 200 randomly selected individuals to participate in an interview of smartphone features. One-on-one interviews were conducted with 60 of those individuals who agreed to participate. One of the questions discussed asked specifically what features were most important when deciding to purchase a smartphone. The company discussed the features that the participants cited as most important when purchasing a smartphone using several interview questions. Below are the participants’ responses.
Data Analysis Technique
The Marketing VP has decided to use thematic analysis (p. 651 of the textbook) to analyze the transcript data because she believes that this technique will help her find patterns in the data to help her answer the research question.
Which features influence you to purchase a smartphone?
Review the Participant Responses.
From the given qualitative data analysis techniques, complete the following:
- Create a qualitative data analysis strategy that will produce findings relevant to answering the given business research question.
- Analyze how the created strategy enables the manager to draw informed conclusions for answering the business research questions.
- Summarize the critical points of qualitative data analysis.
Your review of qualitative data analysis techniques should be 5 pages in length. Be sure to cite your sources using APA properly; include your references and in-text citations.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, that you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 5 pages minimum
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.