Prior to working on this assignment, read and understand the Downtime Determinator
For this assignment, you will be using Microsoft Word drawing functions in order to construct the data form. If you need assistance with using Microsoft products, you can review Microsoft’s
Office Help & Training
Links to an external site.
Your case study must include
· A minimum of 20 data elements which comprise a data dictionary outlining the following fields for each data element (your data elements should equate to those of 20 typical PHI elements):
· Data field name
· Field format (alpha, numeric or alpha numeric)
· Number of characters in the field
· Source of information
· Example of the content
· A memorandum to the end users written as though you were the IT Department in the case. You will write a Memo about the system being down describing why the system is down, how long, why, what areas are affected, what is being done, etc.
· A picture that plots the downtime components discussed in the case (this is the Downtime Determinator Plot where you will draw the plot like that in your textbook denoting the planned vs unplanned stages of the downtime of the ER Department. Give the information on your plots as listed below):
· Time of day/number of users
· IT infrastructure affected
· System criticality
· Planned versus unplanned
· Health system complexity
· Communication: Amount required and are communication methods affected?
· Ability to recover
· Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length
· APA Formatting