1. Using a search engine or the virtual library database, conduct research on the following concepts:
• Categorical data
• Quantitative data
• Measurement scales
• Data sources
• Descriptive statistics
• Statistical inference
• Sample / Population
2. Describe the difference between statistics as numerical data and statistics as a discipline or field of study.
3. In today’s globalized environment, you have access to vast amounts of statistical information. Successful decision-makers understand information and know how to use it efficiently. Explain, and provide an example that illustrates the uses of statistics in the social sciences and their impact on the well-being of populations in terms of public policies established for the sustainability and effective development of impacted entities.
1. Using a search engine or the virtual library database, research the following concepts:
Contrast the tabular and graphical methods used for qualitative and quantitative data.
• Summary of qualitative data.
• Summary of quantitative data.
• Contingency table.
• Graphical representation of data.
• Frequency distribution.
• Bar chart.
• Histogram pie chart.
2. Contrast tabular and graphical methods used for qualitative and quantitative data.
3. Present an example of a tabular and graphical method used to summarize data from a single variable.
4. Compare the contingency table and scatter plot as methods to represent the relationship between two variables.
Contribute a minimum of 2 pages. It should include at least 2 academic sources, formatted and cited in APA.
· Submit your assignment by 11:59 PM Eastern on Sunday.
· Review the rubric to determine how your assignment will be graded.
· Your assignment will be run through Turnitin to check for plagiarism.