You have been talking with your team and interacting with patients. You see some patterns that you would like to change to improve quality. Your team is motivated to help.
This week you will identify the focus of your project and anticipate the ethical, legal, and regulatory concerns that may arise in your career as a nursing leader.
For this summative assessment, create a presentation that communicates the focus and scope of your project. You may select from multiple venues to explain the details of your plan. You will demonstrate problem-solving skills as you organize the details of your plan.
Resource: Question Development Tool – Appendix B.
Begin your plan with the following:
- Define the problem.
- Identify the problem to be addressed and the setting in which it occurs.
- Outline your proposal to address the problem.
- Identify and discuss ethical, legal, and regulatory concerns relating to the problem.
- Explain why you chose the problem.
Support your plan by gathering as much information about your selected problem as possible. Consider both qualitative and quantitative data, for example:
- Leader and peer interviews
- Patient/customer surveys
- Quality improvement (QI) reports from the facility
- Benchmarking studies/baseline data.
- If baseline data is available:
- What are the goals?
- Are current practices meeting the organizational goals?
- Are the prescribed practices followed?
Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 15- to 20-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation
- The slides should only contain essential information and as little text as possible. Do not design a slide presentation made up of long bullet points. Use speaker notes to convey the details you would give if you were presenting. See create speaker notes from Microsoft® for more help.
Record and upload a video of a 15- to 20-minute oral presentation See How to record online course videos at home from Podia for more help.