In Part 1 of the Alternative Living Environments assignment (see attached), you selected a living facility in your community and presented an overview of that facility. In this part of the assignment, you will do a deeper dive into facility operations.
Conduct an interview with an administrator from your chosen facility. You can use the following, or similar, questions for the interview:
- Is there a waiting list for your facility?
- How are new demographics affecting your facility?
- What marketing methods do you use to promote your facility?
- Who is the primary payer source—out-of-pocket or private pay, insurance coverage, Medicare, or Medicaid?
- Are there any personal or nursing care services available in your living environment?
- What is the staff or organizational structure that supports the services available in your facility?
- Are there any special amenities, such as a barber, beauty shop, or ice cream parlor?
- If there are no special services on site, is transportation provided to nearby service facilities?
- What recreational opportunities are available? Provide a list of opportunities.
- What technological issues or challenges are present at the facility?
- How do you anticipate health care reform will affect your facility?
- How will medicine and health-related services that increase the longevity of the aging population have an impact on your facility?
- What improvements would you, the administrator, like to make to the facility in the future?
- Is there any current research in the field or study of gerontology that might affect the future planning for your facility, perhaps related to demographic data, health, and well-being?
Create a 15- to 20-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you outline the major takeaways from your interview.
Speaker notes are to be 75 – 250 words per slide.
Include a copy of your questions and responses with your presentation. These can be included in the speaker notes, or in a separate document.