For this assignment, look at the company you began analyzing in Week 1 from the perspective of the manufacturing it does or service it provides.
First, discuss the following for your company:
- Summarize the company’s product or service that you are analyzing, including a mention of whether or not the company deals only in products, only in services, or if they offer both.
- Summarize the process by which these products are made or by which these services are provided (in other words, what is the process that is being used?). Be sure to mention whether or not changes to this process are needed when new products or services are introduced by the company.
- Assess why the company does or does not outsource the manufacturing of its products or the provision of its services.
Then, complete the following tasks as part of your analysis:
- Diagram the process that is currently in use by developing a process map for how the company manufactures the product or provides the service.
- Justify areas of process improvement for the company based upon the process map.
- Evaluate whether the company is a make-to-order, make-to-stock, assemble-to-order, or engineer-to-order company, explaining what it is about the company that makes them the type of company that you are describing them to be.