Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday, and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
The first project resulted in an overview of the software application that you plan to reengineer and the identification of the application programming interfaces (APIs) that are used in the application. The next step in the reengineering project is to evaluate the APIs that are used in the application. This evaluation will help identify how the application operates using the APIs and will provide a better understanding of strong and weak points of the current design.
For this assignment, you will continue your work on the Software Reengineering Project plan by adding a section on the API evaluation along with descriptions of the APIs that are used and diagrams to identify the API designs and entry points into the application. You will also provide an overview of the evaluation of each API regarding suitability to the tasks, completeness, and overall design.
The project deliverables are as follows:
- Update the Information Software Reengineering Project plan title page with the new date.
- Update the previously completed sections based on instructor feedback.
- API evaluation
- API designs
- Identify and describe each API that is used in the application.
- Include diagrams and descriptions to identify the overall design of the API and the entry points into the application.
- Evaluation overview
- Provide an overview of your evaluation of each API.
- Include descriptions of the API’s suitability to tasks, completeness, and the overall design.
- API designs
- Be sure to update your Table of Contents before submission