Take-Home Essay Final Questions (Choose 4 of 5):
1) What is the most accurate description of the relative importance of hunting versus gathering in foraging societies in terms of nutrition? In terms of place in society?
2) Larger societies include groups whose organization can be categorized as bands, tribes, chiefdoms, and states. What type of organizational structure would you argue that the Hutterites fall under? Please explain your reasoning.
3) What kinds of evidence have been examined to try to determine the time of origin of modern human language? What answer to this question do these suggest?
4) The number of recognized supernatural beings differs among cultures. To what major aspect of culture is this number related? Give examples.
5) What is the general focus of sociobiology (also known as evolutionary psychology and behavioral ecology)? How is this applied to human behaviors?