The purpose of the iCARE Paper assignment is to explore the concept of interprofessional teams and patient outcomes. Nursing supportive actions of compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice will serve as a way to apply care concepts.
Preparing the Assignment
1. Please review the infographic as a way to guide you in getting started with your assignment:
Developing an Assignment with IntegrityLinks to an external site.
Getting Started: Interprofessional teams are part of practice trends we see developing in all aspects of care delivery. Consider your own work environment (or recent clinical setting).
· For this assignment, consider the concept of interprofessional teamwork and patient outcomes.
· Look to your current workplace as an example. (If you are not currently employed, look to a past workplace or clinical practice area.)
· Apply the components of the iCARE concept to interprofessional teams in a short paper.
(Body of the paper to be 3 pages, excluding the title page and references page)
· iCARE components are:
1. C ompassion
2. A dvocacy
3. R esilience
4. E vidence-Based Practice (EBP)
· How could you contribute to the interprofessional team, the culture of your practice setting, and positive patient outcomes through nursing actions demonstrating compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice?
one scholarly nursing article from CINAHL as a resource for your paper.
2. Additional scholarly sources can be used but are optional.
2. When searching in the CINAHL database, please limit your search word to one component of the paper you wish to emphasize, such as ‘Resilience’. Searching for the term iCARE will not produce the results you need.
Elements of iCARE paper
1. Copy/paste or type the last paragraph under **Academic Integrity** located in the assignment directions and place the statement in the box at the bottom of the title page.
Your paper will not be graded, and you will be asked to resubmit if this Academic Integrity Statement is missing.
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment.
Below are the headings to be used for this assignment.
2. Title of your paper as the heading for the introduction (Do not use the word Introduction, just the paper title from your title page. See page 61 of the APA Manual, 7th edition for an example). Explain the type of work setting you are discussing and whether interprofessional teams are currently present. If interprofessional teams are present, indicate a team function that could be improved. If interprofessional teams are NOT present, indicate what type of team you think might be possible in the setting.
2. Describe a
nursing action item for each component below that could contribute to:
interprofessional team support; how this might
impact the culture of your unit or organization; and possible
impact on patient outcomes.
Summary: Include a summary statement of how iCARE components can support interprofessional teams and patient outcomes. Address how you may be able to influence this process of support for interprofessional teams overall in your unit or organization.
References: List any references used in APA format.
2. Use the Advanced HTML Editor or Canvas HTML Editor to put HTML here
The prepared paper template is RECOMMENDED for this assignment.
iCare Assignment TemplateLinks to an external site.
– APA 7th edition
Only the APA 7th edition is to be used in this assignment.
Scholarly Sources and Citations
· Use APA format for citations and references.
Please paraphrase throughout. One short quote is permitted.