For this assignment, students will create an action plan and presentation for an at-risk
patient population and propose evidence-based intervention(s) for the identified
population. The paper should be a minimum of 1000- 1200 words in length, not
including the title and reference pages. Additionally, students will present the
information to the class or clinical partner(s).
Perform the following tasks:
1. Conduct a literature review and identify an at-risk patient population for non-
compliance and develop an action plan.
2. Write an engaging and informative paper that would be helpful for someone in
the discipline wanting to learn about the identified at-risk patient population for
non-compliance and proposed action plan
3. Use Times New Roman, 12 pt. font; 1-inch margins; double-spaced.
4. Consists of 1000 to 1200 words in length
5. Citation and references are to follow the APA manual format
6. References should be no more than 5 years old
8. Wikipedia (or similar sites) is not to be used as a reference
9. Taber’s and/or other medical dictionaries or encyclopedias are not to be used as
10. Use the following as a checklist for the scholarly paper:
11. Include the following elements:
12. Title page (APA formatted title page).
14. Background knowledge-brief summary of current knowledge on the at-risk
population for non-compliance.
15. Geographical location of community
16. Cultural makeup
17. Average education level
18. Income/poverty level
19. Unemployment rate
20. Teen pregnancy rate
21. Insurance concerns
22. Transportation issues
23. Other socioeconomic barriers
24. Main illnesses/health concerns
25. Challenges imposed in practice
26. Intext citation present and appropriate
27. Action Plan
28. Develop an action plan to improve medication access/ compliance/ adherence/
monitoring for the at-risk population, while addressing the barriers present. (For
example: the at-risk population is composed of a very low socioeconomic group,
and the main health concern is hypertension and cardiac-related issues. What
could you propose that would improve the access and adherence to hypertensive
medications?) The action plan must include:
29. The issue your plan will address
30. Resources needed
31. Stakeholders involved
32. The details of the plan
33. How this plan will reduce barriers to effective medication access/ compliance/
adherence/ monitoring in this patient population
34. How you will evaluate the plan
35. Literature searches for the topic on the web and in databases are limited to peer-
reviewed professional nursing and medical journals, texts, and writings (no older
than 5 years).
36. Uses literature to support claims, facts, and statistics.
37. Intext Citation present and appropriate.
39. Prepare presentation for in class discussion
40. Presentations can use any format, as long as the presentation is organized,
thorough and engaging.
41. The aim of the presentation is not only to inform the audience about the
community and its concerns, but to convince the audience of the benefit of your
proposed action plan.
42. Class members and/or clinical partner(s) will evaluate presentations based on:
43. Aesthetic appeal of the presentation
44. Clarity and thoroughness of the concerns of the community and proposed plan
45. Relevance of the plan to address community concerns and confidence in its ability
to achieve its goals
46. Ability of presenter to answer questions asked by class
47. Proofread and edit the paper carefully, following the assignment rubric.
48. Use the plagiarism tool to check the summary against unintended plagiarism.
49. Spell check the paper and submit via Canvas.