There are approximately 6,000 public companies in the United States (Israel, 2020). A firm is considered to be public if its securities trade on public markets.
Select two public companies from the same industry that trade on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) or the Nasdaq stock exchange. Search the SEC’s EDGAR database for public companies.
Based on the information that you have gathered from annual reports, company Web sites, credit ratings, and scholarly articles, prepare an analysis about the 2 companies. Provide an introduction, a determination of the firms that you chose, and a conclusion regarding the information that you have gathered, which should include the following:
- Industry economic characteristics
- Porter’s five forces framework
- Value chain analysis
- Economic attributes framework
Prepare charts for the companies that are similar to those in Chapter 1 of the textbook.
Deliverable Requirements: For the next 5 weeks, you will have a project that will continue throughout all of the units, beginning in Unit 1 and ending in Unit 5. Your discussion and project will be connected each week, so you must complete your discussion work on time. Your analysis must be a PowerPoint presentation of at least 15 slides in length. Be sure to cite sources using the APA style, including references and in-text citations.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, that you will need the following:
- Title slide: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 15 slides minimum
- Body slides: This begins on the slide following the title slide and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your presentation for this assignment is 15 slides. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference slide: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final slide of your presentation. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference slide is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the presentation. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.