In this module, you explore the importance of goal setting as an essential attribute of leadership. Effective leaders are skilled communicators, negotiators, and strategists who apply authentic approaches to achieve their social impact goals. Through their inspiration and motivation, leaders are social change agents who can allocate and optimize their resources in ways that promote collaboration, teamwork, and goal attainment.
First, title your post “Leadership and Goal Setting.”
For your initial post, you will define and reflect on the factors that promote leadership and goal setting. Your post should address the following:
- In your own words, define leadership and describe its relevance to social change agency.
- What aspects of your personality or lived experience inspire the leader in you?
- As a leader of a team working to achieve a goal in your workplace, group, or community, describe how you would promote communication, collaboration, and motivation.
- Describe which aspect of emotional intelligence you believe best supports your ability to be an effective leader and why.
- Describe how leadership and goal setting connect to one of the following programmatic themes:
- Social justice
- Emotional intelligence
- Career connections