-The lecturer said should be 3 companies case study : 1 for segmentation, 1 for targeting and 1 for positioning
– focus more on the theories part, samples also 3 case study
The Assessment Task
This assessment has been designed to allow students the opportunity to explore the underlying
importance and application of marketing strategy and implementation concepts to produce
recommendations for selected organisations.
“…positioning and segmentation are distinct parts of the strategy process and provide us with some
extremely powerful tools; but ultimately they are linked by the central issue of focusing on satisfying
customer’s needs in ways that are superior to competitors” (Hooley et al, 2017 p159)*.
*Hooley et al (2017) Marketing Strategy & Competitive Positioning. 6 th ed. Harlow Pearson.
By reference to academic literature evaluate, and critique, the concepts of Segmentation,
Targeting & Positioning (STP) including a consideration of implementation issues. With supporting evidence, use appropriate examples from different industries (plural) to
exemplify how different organisations (plural) have applied STP, to demonstrate your learning
and application of this topic.
Indicate how any company could apply the concepts around STP, making generic
recommendations for best practice.
You are required to produce a report that should have:
• a sound theoretical and conceptual perspective, containing evidence of critical debate
with reference to appropriate academic literature (at least 10 academic journal articles)
30% of the marks
• sound examination of STP and its application in industry, with evidence, showing
effective practical understanding 40% of the marks
• generic management recommendations 10% of the marks
• quality academic sources 10% of the marks
• Harvard referencing, report structure and presentation 10% of the marks
The word limit for this assessment is 2400 words.