Summarize, in one to two paragraphs, your interview with a nurse leader by stating the topic chosen for your interview (from directions below), the nurse leader’s response and what you have learned from the interview. Use fictitious names and places for the nurse leader and the healthcare organization. Cite the interview as a “personal communication” (refer to APA 6th ed. citations). Include the nurse leader’s formal professional title, academic credentials, date and times of the interview.
Directions for Nurse Leader interview
Interview an advanced practice nurse in a clinical, administrative, or education role. You do not have to record this interview or submit a transcript of the interview. Choose one or two topics from 1-5 below.
Some suggestions include:
- The role of the nurse in identifying patient safety or health outcomes.
- What is the accreditation process of the institution and who is the healthcare organization accredited by?
- For Magnet Hospitals: What are the nursing roles and practices that led to this certification?
- How is evidence-based practice utilized in the chosen healthcare setting and who makes the recommendations for change?
- Any other questions generated by the course content may be chosen and expanded upon.