For this assignment, research two contemporary accounting topics, such as valuing intellectual capital and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and how these standards differ from Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and sustainability and environmental accounting.
There are several articles and one video in this week’s recommended resources section of the course guide that can help get you familiar with these terms and aid in your research.
In your paper,
· Define and describe the topics, citing real-life examples of their uses.
· Critique the pros and cons of the topics.
· Assess the popularity of the topics and what type of global companies or individuals use them.
· Hypothesize the future use of the topics; be sure to support your position with facts.
The Contemporary Global Accounting Topics Paper
· Must be five pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must utilize academic voice.
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
· Must use at least four credible sources in addition to the course text.
· Must document any information used from sources in APA style
o Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen our assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure to not overuse direct quote, so that you can avoid losing points for this.
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style
· Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
RECOMMENDED RESOURCES ATTACHED BELOW:
McCann , D. (2016, December). Intellectual capital: The hidden talent metricLinks to an external site.. CFO, 18–19. Retrieved from https://www.cfo.com/