Prior to beginning work on this discussion, please review the National Gang Center’s About the OJJDP Comprehensive Gang Model Links to an external site.webpage. Select one of the program evaluations available on the National Gang Center web page for review. You may also want to review the recommended resources, Chapter 3 in your text which covers theories of delinquency, as well as the help guides for PowerPoint and Screencast-O-Matic. Then develop a short presentation the case. Your presentation should:
- Identify the program evaluation you selected.
- Describe the program’s approach, goals, and intended outcomes.
- Explain how outcomes were measured.
- Which of the theories identified in Chapter 3 does the program align with?
- Explain whether the program has been deemed effective.
- If the program was deemed effective, what were the key elements that contributed?
- If the program was not deemed effective, what key elements were missing?
- Evaluate the evidence on effectiveness and outcome measurement provided.
- Is it evidence- or anecdotally-based?
Your presentation will be a combination of slides containing visuals and bullet points, as well as narration of the content. PowerPoint or any other presentation software may be used to create a visual presentation of your research design. Narration is required so you will need to record your presentation using Screencast-o-matic or similar software. You are not required to be on camera but may choose to be on camera if you want to do so. Support your claims with examples from the required materials and a minimum of one journal article that you find using the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. You can use your research article in your Final Paper, due in Week 5.
The file for the presentation should be attached or embedded in your post for your peers to review, please do not link to outside locations. The following presentation resources are available in the Writing Center for you to use:
Your presentation should have a minimum of five content slides (excluding title and references slides) and be at least three minutes long. Support your presentation with examples from this week’s required materials and other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references either in-text on bullet points or in the notes section and reference slide. You must use at least one scholarly or credible professional resource to support your presentation. The presentation must include a title and references slide for sources cited in the body of the presentation.