Learning Goal: I’m working on a nursing discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
For this Discussion, you will take on the role of a clinician who is building a health history for the following cases.
- 76-year-old Black/African-American male with disabilities living in an urban setting.
- Adolescent Hispanic/Latino boy living in a middle-class suburb
- What are the barriers to interpersonal communication?
- What are the procedures and examination techniques that will be used during the physical exam of your patient?
- Describe the Subjective, Objective, Assessment, Planning (S.O.A.P.) approach for documenting patient data and explain what they are.
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources. Your initial post is worth 8 points.