Learning Goal: I’m working on a nursing question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Be sure you have completed all text and lesson readings and viewings before participating in this discussion.
In Lesson 1.1: The Nursing Process, you learned how the Nursing Process is not just a method that can be applied to nursing, but to other aspects of your life. The process is a method that is geared toward improving something. You saw this in the instructor’s example of making pasta sauce.
In this discussion, consider a non-nursing problem that you could apply the nursing process to. Briefly explain how the process works in each stage in addressing your problem:
- Assessment: What data have you collected? (e.g., Any time the dog is unattended in the yard, he digs up the garden.)
- Diagnosis: What are the strengths and the problems? (e.g., The dog has a lot of playful energy, but he is directing that toward destructive behavior.)
- Planning: What is the outcome you want and how do you get there? (e.g., The garden needs better protective barriers and the dog needs other things to engage him.)
- Implementation: What steps did you take to initiate change? (e.g., I set up a small fence around the garden and created a dedicated play area for the dog where he can dig.)
- Evaluation: How effective was your plan in achieving your desired outcome? (e.g., The dog has left the garden alone, but is still digging in other parts of the yard.)
- Click Reply.
- Craft your response with the Rich Text Editor, where you can add text, video, audio, and/or photos.
- Click Post Reply to submit your response.
Responses to Classmates
Review at least two of your classmates’ posts. What suggestions for refinements to their plans would you make to improve the outcomes?