Without proper hydration (from water), our bodies are incapable of performing its daily tasks. For this assignment, you will analyze your daily water intake.
- First, calculate the number of ounces of WATER (not any other drinks) you drink in a day.
- Next, calculate the number of ounces of water you need to drink in a day by dividing your body weight in pounds by 2. This number, in ounces, will give you the recommendation for the right amount of water you should be consuming daily.
- Caffeine has a diuretic effect on the body, which means that it increases water loss.
- Calculate the number of ounces of caffeine (coffee, tea, energy drinks, etc.) that you drink each day.
- Add the number of ounces of caffeine you drink each day to the number of
- unces you should be drinking each day. This will give you the number you should aim for on a daily basis.
- If the number of ounces that are recommended per day is vastly different than the number including caffeine ounces, you will want to slowly introduce more water into your plan each week.
- Set up a plan for how you will incorporate more ounces over the next month. Be specific and explain your reasoning.
- After reading the article “Back to Basics” in this week’s Readings and Resources, explain how you will work to use one of the tips mentioned to increase your water intake each day.
• Research and explain some ways to decrease caffeine in your life.
• Submit a Word document in APA format.