Learning Goal: I’m working on a criminal justice project and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
The state legislature has agreed to go forth with one of the two policy proposals that you formulated in the Week 4 Final Assignment draft. You will now have to explain how the policy will be implemented and what challenges will be faced during implementation.
Part 1 Tasks (Objectives from Weeks 1–4):
- First, revise your Week 4 assignment based on your own review and reflection, instructor feedback, and peer responses.
Part 2 Tasks (Objective(s) from Week 5):
- Add 2–3 additional pages of content to your final assignment by selecting 1 of the 2 initiatives you recommended in Week 4 and addressing the following questions regarding the recommended policy:
- What cost factors do you anticipate affecting implementation of the selected policy?
- What strategy would you recommend to involve the media or other groups in an effort to inform the public and stakeholders about the new policy?
- Articulate how research evidence played a significant role in your final policy recommendation.
Part 3 Tasks (Objective(s) from Week 5): Provide a 1 page Executive Summary of your proposal.
- Write a paragraph outlining the key policy you are proposing.
- Include a statement as to why your policy proposal is necessary
- Briefly identify the key research and data that supports your proposal.
- Provide a concluding paragraph on how you propose this policy to be evaluated after implementation and the overall benefits to criminal justice policy.