Watch the following video, and then answer the questions below (Wiseman, 2014):
- The chart is used to visually present relationships between what variables?
- A correlation analysis measures the strength of what variables?
- A correlation analysis is concerned with the strength of the relationship between what variables?
- If the plotted intersections between variables are tight, what does that indicate about the relationship between the variables?
- If the plotted intersections between variables are in a flat, horizontal line, what does that mean about the relationship between variables?
- The sample correlation coefficient r is used to measure what aspect of the linear relationship?
- What range does the sample correlation between coefficient r ranges indicate?
- For a perfectly negative relationship (for every one unit increase in x, you have one unit of decrease in y), what is the sample correlation coefficient r equal to?
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 3 pages minimum
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.