Learning Goal: I’m working on a sociology writing question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
In this module, we review the potential for burnout in the human services field, which can be exacerbated by toxic work environments and difficult cases like the one we have been discussing. The services that we are able to provide for clients are largely impacted by our work environments. The human service worker has a responsibility to recognize these unhealthy, unethical dynamics and avoid them. Amanda’s case is just one of 20 cases the human service worker is currently assigned, with a standard caseload generally being around 15 cases in your state. Workers within the team recently started working some evenings and weekends to keep up with documentation, sometimes accepting work calls or texts from clients. Many within the team are beginning to experience burnout.
Considering the above scenario, create a presentation for this workplace using a presentation tool of your choice. The presentation should contain a minimum of 15 slides addressing the following:
- Research burnout in the human service field. Provide a summary. How does it impact human service workers? How does it impact the services provided to clients? Be specific.
- Think about the above scenario. How does one know they might be experiencing burnout? How might a toxic work environment be contributing?
- What are strategies that could be used for self-care and to improve professional boundaries?
- Incorporate two library resources to support and/or defend your thoughts. Cite each source used.
- The submission should include 15 content slides, including an introduction and a conclusion.
- The presentation slides should use graphics and share significant information, while the notes section of each slide should contain detail and citations when applicable.
- APA formatted in-text citations, title slide, and reference page.
- Describe burnout.
- Explain the impact of burnout and toxic work environments on client services.
- Identify strategies for improving self-care and professional boundaries.
- Use appropriate spelling and grammar.
- To learn how to create a PowerPoint Presentation, visit the Rasmussen Library FAQ.
- To learn about PowerPoint slides and APA, visit this FAQ.
- If you would like to receive feedback on your paper, please visit the Writing Lab
- For grammar and spelling support, please visit the Grammarly FAQ
- For general writing support, visit the Writing Guide.
- For assistance with APA format, visit the APA Guide.
- Visit APA Tutoring for assistance with APA formatting.