Your boss is the Director of Medical Records at a large medical center. He is finding it difficult to monitor the ongoing legislative and policy changes related to Health Information Management. He has asked that you do the following:
Review the following websites:
AHIMA. (2020). https://www.ahima.org/about/advocacy/efforts
HealthIT.gov (n.d.). Laws, regulation, and policy. https://www.healthit.gov/topic/laws-regulation-and-policy
Prepare a one- to two-page report highlighting two important changes occurring now or are anticipated to occur and describe how they could impact the medical center, and more importantly the department. Recommend a course of action for each. Be sure to fully support your recommendations.
- This assignment should be no more than two pages, completed in a Microsoft Word document.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use the assigned reading, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style.
- Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
Submitting your work:
Submit your assignment to the appropriate Dropbox.